st: single p-value for categorical variables and interactions

From   "Richardson, Kelly K." <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: single p-value for categorical variables and interactions
Date   Wed, 15 Nov 2006 14:54:48 -0600

Hi All,

I have 2 categorical variables: race (1=black 0=white) and segregation
(1=low 2=medium 3=high). I am using the xi command to create the dummy
variables and then an interaction between the two. So, I have one dummy
for race and 2 dummies for segregation and 2 dummies for the
interaction:

race
segr_med
segr_high
race_segr_med
race_segr_high

Is it possible to get a single p-value for segregation and a single
p-value for the interaction between race and segregation in addition to
a p-value for each of the categories? I'd like to look at each of the
dummies separately as well as the constructs as a whole on a particular
outcome.

Thanks,
Kelly