Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Setting a coefficient as constant

From   <>
Subject   st: Setting a coefficient as constant
Date   Wed, 15 Nov 2006 12:48:39 -0500

I am doing a Cox survival model in which the variable of interest has a known  time-dependent relationship (i.e. a known given functional form) with the hazard.

  I know how to prescribe the correct functional form by including the variable of interest both: (a) as itself in time-indep form, and (b) also as a time-dependent component by using the -tvc- and -texp- options in the -stcox- statement.

BUT with the known functional form, I need to set the coefficient for the time-independent component to a known constant.  How do I do this?