From   "Michael Blasnik" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Re: how create a year variable
Date   Tue, 14 Nov 2006 18:00:59 -0500

Try typing

help year

----- Original Message ----- From: "Giulio Michele Bosio (giulio.bosio)" <>
To: <>; <>
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 5:55 PM
Subject: st: how create a year variable

Dear all,

I'm working on a panel of administrative data of employment episodes. I have a variable in mdy format (%dD/N/CY) that gives me the beginning of each job spells. I need to use panel routine in Stata and so I would like to know if it's possible to extract from this variable the year to generate a year variable for each observation and how to do this. What commands I have to digit?