Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Thanks - installing overid on network

From   "Ramani Gunatilaka" <>
Subject   st: Thanks - installing overid on network
Date   Tue, 14 Nov 2006 17:37:30 +0000

Thanks for this. The problem was sorted out.

On 13/11/06, Kit Baum <> wrote:
There should be no problem for an IT manager to install any SSC module
on the network (SITE) directory provided she has appropriate permission
to do so. ssc has no magical powers, as Nick Cox said, but if you can
-net set ado SITE- then that is the ado-directory into which ssc will
install. Here is an illustration from a machine on which I have
sysadmin privileges:

. adopath
  [1]  (UPDATES)   "/Applications/Stata/ado/updates/"
  [2]  (BASE)      "/Applications/Stata/ado/base/"
  [3]  (SITE)      "/Applications/ado/"
  [4]              "."
  [5]  (PERSONAL)  "~/ado/personal/"
  [6]  (PLUS)      "~/ado/plus/"
  [7]  (OLDPLACE)  "~/ado/"

. net set ado SITE

. ssc install overid
checking overid consistency and verifying not already installed...
installing into /Applications/ado/...
installation complete.

. which overid
*! overid V2.0.0 C F Baum, Vince Wiggins, Steve Stillman, Mark Schaffer

If I had used ssc install without net set ado SITE, it would have gone