From   Joseph Coveney <>
To   Statalist <>
Subject   Re: st: xtlogit gllamm
Date   Tue, 14 Nov 2006 23:41:20 +0900

Somsupa Nopprach wrote:

 I wonder that is there any different in running
random coefficient logit model by using -xtlogit- and
using -gllamm- command?

Roger Harbord and Alexander Staus have already given some advice about the
greater generality of -gllamm-.  Let me just add that, when you're working
with these nonlinear models, you'll want to use *adaptive* Gauss-Hermite
quadrature.  -xtlogit- and -gllamm- use different implementations of
adaptive Gauss-Hermite quadrature.  As I recall (the posts are on the List
within the past year), -gllamm-'s implementation is somewhat slower but more
accurate than -xtlogit-'s.  StataCorp was looking into this matter at last

Joseph Coveney