Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: command for easily accessing a directory

From   Jeph Herrin <>
Subject   Re: st: command for easily accessing a directory
Date   Mon, 13 Nov 2006 13:39:57 -0500

The package is called -fastcd-; try -findit fastcd-.

Jun Xu wrote:
I have been off Statalist for quite a while and am trying to re-gain my knowledge about Stata and keep up with the new stuff. I remember there is a command/package that can give users easy access to a directory especially when we need to change computers a lot. For example, if I have a data saved under c:\data\ecls\....

then I can just type "c ecls", then I will take that directory (c:\data\ecls) as my working directory in that session. I think that command starts with c, but I cannot find it (using findit or search statalist serve) now. Anyone could help me on this, or let me know if you have better alternatives. I should've taken notes about it before my major career transition.

Jun Xu

All-in-one security and maintenance for your PC. Get a free 90-day trial!

* For searches and help try: