From   "Maarten Buis" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: heckman and singer
Date   Mon, 13 Nov 2006 15:03:00 +0100

--- wrote:
> I want to estimate the heterogeneous models by  heckman and singer,
> Do you Know if existe in stata a command for this type of duration
> model?

The statalist is a multidisciplinary list, so if you use a reference
like heckman and singer, which may be well known in your
(sub-)discipline but probably not outside your discipline, you run a
big risk that someone may know the answer but doesn't understand you,
so can't answer. I assume you refer to the article below, and if
that's the case then it is implemented for some models in Stephen
Jenkins' -hshaz- package.

Heckman, James & Singer, Burton, 1984. "A Method for Minimizing the
Impact of Distributional Assumptions in Econometric Models for
Duration Data," Econometrica, vol. 52(2), pages 271-320

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081
1081 HV Amsterdam