Re: st: AW: tsset on subsample of observations

From   Jeph Herrin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: AW: tsset on subsample of observations
Date   Sun, 12 Nov 2006 22:28:14 -0500

Not sure how many variables you have, but one alternative
is to create copies that are only nonmissing when non-duplicate.
Eg,

foreach V of varlist [vars] {
	gen `V'_p=`V' if unique==1
}

So you get a set of variables that are non-missing only for
-unique- equal to 1.  Just an idea.

hth,
Jeph

Robert Duval wrote:
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the suggestion, however it doesn't really get at what I want,...

After defining tsset, I want to create variables like

gen z = x-l.x

and keep this variables in the dataset. For the duplicate obs. z
should take missing values.

By using -preserve- / -restore- I lose z after restoring the old dataset.

Any other suggestion will be greatly appreciated

robert