From   "Thomas Erdmann" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: tsset on subsample of observations
Date   Sat, 11 Nov 2006 21:41:55 +0100

Couldnt you work with -preserve- and -restore- ?

duplicates tag x y, generate(dup)
drop if dup~=0
tsset x y

Wouldn’t it be better to keep one of the duplicate observations?
Duplicates drop, force
Instead of
Drop if dup~=0

- Tom

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Robert Duval
Gesendet: Samstag, 11. November 2006 21:21
Betreff: st: tsset on subsample of observations

Dear All,

Is there a way to tsset a subsample of my observations?

I want to perform operations that involve time series commands, but if
I consider my entire dataset I have repeated time values within the

I would like to Stata to tsset my observations for that subset of obs.
that are uniquely identified within each panel... something like:

tsset x y if unique==1

Is there a way to do this?

Otherwise I would be forced to drop the repeated observations, but
since I need those obs. for other exercises this will force me to save
datasets: one with duplicates and another one without them. Something
that seems highly inefficient.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.