Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: zip vs. Hurdle

From   Johanna LEPEULE <>
Subject   st: zip vs. Hurdle
Date   Fri, 10 Nov 2006 17:05:25 +0100

I use a zip model and the parameters estimated by zip predict a low probability of observations being a Poisson zero. Thus, it seems to me that a Hurdle regression model could be more adapted with a logistic part to predict zero and a Poisson part for nonzero.
However, I think that the results will be not very different between the zip and the Hurdle regression model.

To your opinion, Is it true ?

Johanna Lepeule

Ce message a ete verifie par le systeme anti-virus de l'Ecole Nationale Veterinaire de NANTES
* For searches and help try: