RE: st: Do-File editor : a humble plea

From   <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Do-File editor : a humble plea
Date   Wed, 8 Nov 2006 13:23:25 -0000

Hi,

Thank you all for your useful comments and advice. I will definitely
switch to a more functional text editor in the near future ; thanks to
those who revealed their preferences in that regard. I am going to try
to get familiar with Vim, which I had never heard of before but seems
indeed extremely powerful from what I have seen - despite the high entry
cost and austere interface.

About my ctrl+S problem : the shortcut actually works sometimes (maybe
most of the times), but sometimes doesn't (I haven't managed to put my
finger on the factors which make it fail), and since the do-file editor
does nothing to tell me whether it did work or not, I got used to
clicking the icon instead.

Best
Timothee