st: RE: continuous variable+zip,zinb

From   "Maarten Buis" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: continuous variable+zip,zinb
Date   Mon, 6 Nov 2006 16:22:15 +0100

Johanna Lepeule:
You can use continuous variables in both parts. However, the linearity
assumption in the inflate part is in terms of log odds and not in terms
of y. So looking at a scatter of y versus continuous x won't tell you
anything about the feasibility of this assumption.
HTH,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam