Re: st: sts graph

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: sts graph
Date   Sun, 5 Nov 2006 09:43:46 +0000 (GMT)

--- Raphael Fraser <[email protected]> wrote:
> Is there an existing solution to this problem?
>
> . sts graph, hazard  per(100)
> option hazard not allowed with per()
> r(198);

Raphael:
Assume that observations are countries and the events are ratifying
treaties, than quoting from my introduction to survival analysis text
available form my website: the hazard rate is "the number of times a
country would be expected to ratify if the risk of ratifying would
remain constant for one unit of time. So if a hazard of 0.1 is found
and time is measured in years than a country will on average ratify 0.1
times in the next year if the hazard remains constant during that
year."

So, if you want to change the unit of time to centuries instead of
years you'll have to multiply your time variable by 100 before
-stset-ing your data.

HTH,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis