st: RE: STATA verses Stata

From   "Feiveson, Alan H. \(JSC-SK311\)" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: STATA verses Stata
Date   Wed, 1 Nov 2006 15:13:06 -0600

As a general rule,all caps suggests an achronym, so that STATA might
stand for something like "Straight thorough analysis thrills all". It
appears that most corporate names, even if made up, are not in all caps
- e.g. "Microsoft".

Al F.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of White, Justin
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 2:58 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: STATA verses Stata

This is just a curiosity of mine and I may be inviting the wrath of Dr
Cox (I always seemed to get "ripped a new one" when I post even though
he tries to be as polite as possible), but according to the FAQS,
"Stata" should not be spelled with all caps.  My question is why it
matters if it is spelled STATA or Stata.

Again, this is just a curiosity of mine.

Justin White