RE: st: Is Stata 9 really faster than stata 7?

From   "Maarten Buis" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Is Stata 9 really faster than stata 7?
Date   Wed, 1 Nov 2006 21:18:49 +0100

--- Shourun Guo wrote:
> It seems that I couldn't send message with attachement to statalist.

You can't send messages to the statalist. The statalist FAQ (see
bottom of this and any other mail from the statalist) states:
"Please do not include attachments. Many members have mailers
that cannot handle them. In any case, attachments can spread
viruses and clog up mailers with unwanted large files."

> In Stata 9, I used -timer- to measure time. In stata 7, I manually
> measured the time (-timer- is not there in STATA 7).

I believe that -set rmsg on- was already available in Stata 7. If so,
than you could use that.

HTH,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis