Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: survey discrete-time survival

From (Jeff Pitblado, StataCorp LP)
Subject   Re: st: survey discrete-time survival
Date   Wed, 01 Nov 2006 10:26:44 -0600

Philip Ender <> has a question about -pweight-s and survival

> We have a client with cross sectional survey data with psu's, strata,
> and pweights who wants to do discrete-time survival analysis.  She has
> expanded the data to person-period form with an unequal number of
> periods per individual.
> What should she do with the pweights;  leave them as is; or divide
> them by the number of periods?

Let's assume the dataset has been -stset- using the -id()- option to identify
each person.  If 'expanded the data to person-period form' is essentially the
same as using -stsplit-, then leave the -pweight-s as they are.  Otherwise
we would need more information to comment any further, although we suspect
that the -pweight-s should still remain untouched.