Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: ice and constructed variables

Subject   st: ice and constructed variables
Date   Tue, 31 Oct 2006 10:56:18 -0500

I'm trying to undertake multiple imputation with "ice" and have a
questions about how to account for the relationship between a
constructed variable and its multiple component parts.  I'm aware
that I should use "passive" and, at times, "eq", but not exactly
sure of how. For example, I have created a variable I'll call
"sexuality" from the "gender" variable (0,1) and "attracted to
males" (0,1) and "attracted to females" (0,1).  How would I
represent this in "ice"?  I'd appreciate some help figuring this
S. Strauss