From   "David McClintick" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: Sample command question
Date   Tue, 31 Oct 2006 01:46:58 -0500

I apologize, I misread the code. I understand that your suggestion
returns var1 as the unique values of the observations the sample has
selected. However, is it possible to instead have the sample variables
be expressed as their actual values and placed in the first 5

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of David
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 1:31 AM
Subject: RE: st: Sample command question

After looking at that code, I realize that I have not been clear enough.
What I meant by "without replacement" was that I wanted each of the 10
samples of each dataset to be taken from the original dataset, meaning
that while no observation could be repeated within the sample, it could
conceivably be repeated across samples. With your suggestion, it returns
varying numbers of observations, which I believe is caused by the
aforementioned issue. Additionally, it seems to return all of the sample
observations in the first variable?