Re: Re: st: I use different computers and lost track of my files

From   n j cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: Re: st: I use different computers and lost track of my files
Date   Mon, 30 Oct 2006 11:04:29 +0000

The more general message is, naturally, don't wire in as fixed what
is really variable.

Several useful specifics were given in

Michael S. Hanson. 2005.
Stata tip 26: Maximizing compatibility between Macintosh and Windows
Stata Journal 5(4): 603.

Sebastian Baumeister <[email protected]>

you could use a global macro and then use. then you only have to change
the macro var.

global p ""I:\mydata\stata\whatever1\"

use "$p\data.dta", clear

Oleksandr Shepotylo schrieb:

> Hi dear statalist users,
>
> I am using a flash drive with stata files on it. When I move from one
> computer to another computer, flash drive can change the name from,
> for example, "I:\" to "G:\" and I have to edit my files.
> Is there a way to say to Stata the letter where the flash drive is
> located and put that letter in a macro that can be later used in my
> programms?
>
> More generally, any tips on how to organaze the workflow when you move
> from one workplace to another?
>
> Best
>
> Oleksandr Shepotylo
> *
> * For searches and help try:
> * http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/findit.html
> * http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/

Previous Article (by Date): st: I use different computers and lost track of my files Oleksandr Shepotylo
Top of Thread: st: I use different computers and lost track of my files Oleksandr Shepotylo
Articles sorted by: [Date] [Author] [Subject]

Go to Harvard School of Public Health LWGate Home Page.
*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/