Statalist The Stata Listserver

RE: st: Sample command question

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   RE: st: Sample command question
Date   Sun, 29 Oct 2006 23:42:59 -0500

At 09:46 PM 10/29/2006, Nick Cox wrote:
Richard's line of code does what you ask.
It works on just the variable that you are focusing on.

I can see some other problems, some trivial, some
not so, that you will face.
Other than the 20 problems Nick points out, it should work fine. :)

One other thing I wondered about - each of the little mini-samples is going to include all the variables. Is that what you want, or did you just want each sample to include the X in question? You keep on referring to "5 terms" rather than "5 cases" which is why I ask this.

Without knowing anything about the Xs, it is hard to tell what the purpose of the program is, but I do wonder if maybe there aren't some other logical errors lurking out there or if there are better ways of approaching it.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu