Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: Sample command question

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: Sample command question
Date   Sun, 29 Oct 2006 20:03:55 -0500

At 07:48 PM 10/29/2006, David McClintick wrote:
I have the written the following code to run a sample command on each
one of my variables:

local i=1
foreach x in var1-var91 {
        while `i' <=10 {
                use c:\ado\personal\easy.dta
                sample 5, count
                save mewsample`i', replace
                local i= `i' +1

However, I have a problem because there are missing values in each list,
and my random samples often return a missing value as one of their 5
terms. What's the best way to exclude missing values from the sample
Before the sample command, could you have something like

keep if !missing(`x')

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227