st: The Italian Stata?

From   Enzo Coviello <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: The Italian Stata?
Date   Thu, 26 Oct 2006 18:55:48 +0200

It turns out stata is Italian for state, which I did not know at the time, but
which has not gotten in our way much.
For the Stata word story I would reassure that stata is not Italian for English state.
"Stata" has not a meaning in my language and its sound (a bit different from English) is somewhat evocative of some undetermined statistics stuff. So no problem of misunderstanding when we talk in Italian about Stata.

Ciao

Enzo

*
* For searches and help try: