Re: st: RE: outsheet or outfile display

From   Jeph Herrin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: outsheet or outfile display
Date   Tue, 24 Oct 2006 13:40:39 -0400

You may simply want to -log- your output (specify -text- option),
-list- the variables the way you want, and the use the log file.
A text editor (or even Word) will let you remove the header and
footer of the log file.

hth,
Jeph

Michael McCulloch wrote:
Thank you very much Nick. I didn't mean to disparage Stata or
integrators with my question.
I'm sorry, but at this point in my own progress on the Stata learning
curve, I haven't yet learned programming and am working with do files
using basic commands and their options.

The results I would like to achieve is a table separated not by every N
lines, but rather by specific values of a variable, such as in this
case, month/year:

.list  ini dxage sex race datetx, noobs sepby(datetx)
AD 63 male white November, 1993
CV 69 male white November, 1993
JC 39 male white November, 1993
LF 46 male white November, 1993