Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Cluster analysis -similarity and dissimilarity measures

From   "Kallimanis, Bellinda" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Cluster analysis -similarity and dissimilarity measures
Date   Tue, 24 Oct 2006 10:15:31 -0400

I have a question about the measure options for conducting hierarchical
cluster analysis. I see that there are measures for continuous and
binary variables, but what about ordinal variables? Is there a measure
available in stata that I can use and just can't find? Or should I do
some sort of standardization of the variables? The variables have 4

Thank you.