Statalist The Stata Listserver

RE: st: error message about Mata memory

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: error message about Mata memory
Date   Mon, 23 Oct 2006 21:46:00 +0100

If I understand this correctly, you need to find out
about -set trace-.

. set trace on

sets tracing of commands so that you can see where
in the code a command failed. Tracing can be tuned
in various ways.

I don't know anything about SAS, but if your ideal
is equivalent to

error 198;
at line ... of -foobar-
-foobar- was called from line ... of -whizzbang-
-whizzbang- was called from line ... of -bushranger-

well, that's another style, and ultimately equivalent
to Stata's style.

Fan, Shihe