Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: more graph queries

From   Lukar Thornton <>
Subject   st: more graph queries
Date   Mon, 23 Oct 2006 13:45:55 +1000

First a simple one... How do I produce a box plot without the whiskers?

Second I have 3 vars that I want the means of in one graph over strata
When I do this at present it groups them in the graph by strata and I want
it grouped by variable.

Sow hen I type "graph bar X Y Z, over(strata)" it looks like

3 bars representing the variables		XYZ	XYZ	XYZ
strata						 1	 2	 3

with the legend containing what the three vars are

I want the graph to look like

3 bars representing high, mid, low strata		123	123	123
Var								 X	 Y

And the legend should what the strata are

Any clues??

Lukar Thornton
PhD Candidate / VicLANES Research Assistant
Ph: (03) 8344 7389
Mob: 0410 566 848