Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: Marginal Effects

To   Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu
Subject   Re: st: Marginal Effects
Date   Thu, 19 Oct 2006 14:42:41 -0400

I got it from here:

It doesnt say anything about a dhurd_p.ado file.  Ive tried emailing
Julian and gotten no response.  But what I dont understand is that I am
not trying to use a -dhurd_p- command.  So I dont know why its coming back
with that.

Michael Wilson
Consumer Education and Research
Consumer and Community Affairs
Federal Reserve Board of Governors
(202) 452-2884

Richard Williams <>
Sent by:
10/19/2006 03:36 PM
Please respond to

Re: st: Marginal Effects

At 01:25 PM 10/19/2006, wrote:
>I am using Julian Fennema's dhurdle program for Stata and am running into
>a problem.  I am doing a Cragg model for saving habits of consumers.  The
>first hurdle is whether or not a consumer has savings and for those that
>do, i.e. =1, how much savings they have.  The model runs fine and
>converges after only a few iterations.  However, I need to compute the
>marginal effects for the results and this is where I run into problems. I
>tried using -mfx- but I get an error message saying that
>"unrecognized command:  dhurd_p"
>Anyone familiar with this problem at all?  Im guessing it has something
>do with the predictive nature of the model, hence the "_p", but Im not
>sure.  Can someone give me any advice in finding the marginal effects?

Where did you get it from?  -findit dhurdle- yields no matches, at
least for me.  If you got it off of Fennema's own site, you might
have to go back and get dhurd_p.ado as well.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX:    (574)288-4373
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu