st: RE: Tagging the combination number

From   "Rodrigo Martell" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Tagging the combination number
Date   Thu, 19 Oct 2006 14:22:33 +1000

I figured out something that works. Thanks anyway, in case you had read and thought about this. If anyone's interested in my solution here it is.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

**************************
capture program drop fillit
capture drop l*
program define fillit

syntax varlist

local nvars : word count `varlist'
forvalues i = 1/60{
qui gen lcolnum`i' = ""
}
qui replace lcolnum1 = "" in 1
qui replace lcolnum1 = "" in 2
**********4.1B Generate output space for results of******
forvalues i = 1/60{
qui gen lrcolnum`i' = ""
}
qui replace lrcolnum1 = "" in 1
qui replace lrcolnum1 = "" in 2

foreach var of local varlist{
qui gen log_`var'=log(`var')
}
forvalues i = 1/`nvars'{
	local s = `i'+2
	qui replace lcolnum1 = "log_``i''" in `s'
	}

******************This part creates unique pairwise combinations of variables in varlist and places the name in the first column********
forvalues i=1/`nvars'{
			local ii=`i'+1
				forvalues j=`ii'/`nvars'{
				qui gen log_``i''_vs_log_``j''=log(``i'')-log(``j'')
				}
}
qui describe log*vs*, simple
local combin = comb(`nvars',2)
forvalues i=1/`combin'{
		local obsrow = `i'+2
		tokenize `r(varlist)'
		qui replace lrcolnum1 = "``i''" in `obsrow'
}

end

Rodrigo Martell

 <http://www.frontier-economics.com>
Frontier Economics Pty. Ltd.
395 Collins Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Australia
www.frontier-economics.com
switch:
direct:
fax:
mobile:
email:

+61 (0)3 9620 4488
+61 (0)3 9613 1518
+61 (0)3 8614 2711
+61 (0)407 909 811
[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>

This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, disclosure or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorised to receive information for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message. Thank you.