Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: some questions about gllamm

From   Jeph Herrin <>
Subject   Re: st: some questions about gllamm
Date   Wed, 18 Oct 2006 21:41:44 -0400

Given what you say about your model, you may be better off
using -xtmixed- instead of -gllamm- ; it is faster and allows
the -xtmixed postestimation- commands, including -lrtest-.

stata_user stata_user wrote:
Dear All,
I am using for the moment the gllamm model to fit a random intercept model with individual nested within countries

Dependent variable is continuous

independent variables are continuous and discrete, I would like to compare between different models (adding more covariates ect....)

How I can use log likelihood test?

My second question concerns checking collinearity? the vif command is not working for the gllamm, how to test if there is collinearity among the covariates?

Thanks a lot for any suggestion

* For searches and help try: