Re: st: Stata vs SPSS

From   "Zurab Sajaia" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Stata vs SPSS
Date   Wed, 18 Oct 2006 20:18:57 +0400

Fred,

You might want to try our program XML_TAB. It saves Stata output directly into Excel file (it uses xml format, which is supported only in Office 2002 +). You can use any formatting features of Excel from within Stata. In particular the program allows you to use "attractive, non-proportional fonts, flexible page formatting and simple (and not so simple) control of labels and titles".

Formatting 102 custom tables with XML_TAB would still be not as easy as using SAS, but it is not difficult. You can save the output into matrixes, form the resulting matrix the way you like it, and then output this matrix into Excel with XML_TAB.

If you want to output the results of the Stata estimation procedures it is much easier and could be done with just one line of code. Try it on:

econ.worldbank.org/programs/poverty/toolkit/#xml_tab

let us know what you think

----- Original Message ----- From: "Fred Wolfe" <[email protected]>