Re: st: changing scheme for avplots

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: changing scheme for avplots
Date   Tue, 17 Oct 2006 12:10:06 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Laura Gibbons <[email protected]>
Date: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 11:36 am
Subject: st: changing scheme for avplots
To: [email protected]
Cc: "van Belle, gerald" <[email protected]>

> I am unable to change the scheme for the graph produced by
> avplots.  I
> need to have a white background, not shaded blue.
>
> example:
>
> webuse auto, clear
> reg price mpg weight
> avplots, scheme(s1mono)

You need to use the commonscheme option:

avplots, scheme(s1mono) commonscheme

> Also, is there anyway to format the coefficients and se so that
> fewer
> decimal points are presented?  (I know how to format numbers, but
> how do I
> tell Stata where to do that?)

One way would be to draw each -avplot- and rewrite the note():

avplot mpg, name(gr1, replace) note("coef= 49.51, se = 86.16")
avplot weight, name(gr2, replace) note("coef= 1.75, se = .64")
graph combine gr1 gr2, scheme(s1mono) commonscheme

Or you could alter -avplot- so that the coef and se are rounded (you
may want to make a back up copy of -avplot-).

You could change lines 114 and 115 from

	local coef=return(coef)
	local se=return(se)
	local coef=round(return(coef), .01)
	local se=round(return(se), .01)

so that that displayed estimates are rounded.

Scott