Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: Stata vs SPSS

From   Ronán Conroy <>
Subject   Re: st: Stata vs SPSS
Date   Mon, 16 Oct 2006 17:36:05 +0100

On 16 DFómh 2006, at 17:49, Richard Williams wrote:

In fact, there are some simple things I never could figure out how to do in SPSS, but in Stata they were easy.

Does any SPSS guru out there, for example, know how to get a confidence interval for a simple proportion? Last time I looked (SPSS v12, I think) it couldn't be done. For a package that is supposed to be good for frequency data, this is a disconcerting omission...

Ronán Conroy
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
+353 (0) 1 402 2431
+353 (0) 87 799 97 95