st: Exporting Stata output to Excel: new version of -xml_tab- is available from SSC

From   "Dominic Muston" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Exporting Stata output to Excel: new version of -xml_tab- is available from SSC
Date   Fri, 13 Oct 2006 09:22:31 +0100

Fantastic Zurab!

You say the routine is "structured to work with MS Excel". Could you
explain a bit more about this? When I tried to open an XML file
created by xml_tab, my Excel just thought it was another text file.

This is what I did in Stata (using code from your help file):
sysuse auto.dta
regress price mpg headroom trunk if foreign==0
estimates store reg1
regress price mpg headroom trunk if foreign==1
estimates store reg2
xml_tab reg1 reg2, stats(r2_a) title("price regressions by car type")

I'm running MS Excel 2000 (9.0.8948 SP-3) on a Windows PC machine.

How do I open the XML file in my Excel retaining the formatting you've
been so careful to set-up? Apologies if this is something really
obvious.

Dom