Re: st: RE: basic programming tips

From   Scott Cunningham <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: basic programming tips
Date   Wed, 11 Oct 2006 15:26:44 -0400

Nick,

Thanks for the response. I'm going over it carefully, but I wanted to quickly clarify something. The contradictions that I'm worried about are not going from 0 to 1, but rather going from 1 to 0 - which is impossible, given that the nature of the event I'm describing (e.g., did the person ever have vaginal intercourse with a member of the opposite sex). This would be straightforward if there was just one question to appeal to, but unfortunately, the way the NLSY97 is set up, that simple question is asked in a variety of different ways to the 9000 different respondents, depending on their answers to many other questions.

I'm reading more closely your recommendations now. Just wanted to clarify that point about the contradiction.

sc