Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Re: running Stata remotely on Mac OS X

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   st: Re: running Stata remotely on Mac OS X
Date   Wed, 11 Oct 2006 07:16:20 -0400

See statalist.0610/date/article-271.html

Kit Baum, Boston College Economics

On Oct 11, 2006, at 2:33 AM, statalist-digest wrote:

Last Friday I had posted a message about running Stata 9 remotely on a
Mac OS X machine.  I am posting the resolution (after consulting with
the Stata help desk).

I was trying to connect over SSH (secure shell) from a Linux machine
into an OS X machine, and was trying to run a batch job as instructed
in the Stata pages.

The only way to do this would be do download the "console version" of
Stata ( which is free for those with
a Stata/SE license.  This is basically a command-line version of Stata
without a GUI.  If you run this executable, then it will run in a
termina window without problems.