RE: st: c-statistic in Cox models

From   Ashwin Ananthakrishnan <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: c-statistic in Cox models
Date   Tue, 10 Oct 2006 07:16:11 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for the suggestion.

I installed the somersd package, but am not sure how
to interpret the results or what represents the
c-statistic.

I input the dependent variable and the independent
variables, but it doesn't ask me for a specific time
I'm looking at (for example failure at 12 months or at
24 months). It outputs coefficients for each of the
variables I input, but doesn't give me a c-statistic
or overall fit.

Am I not using it correctly?

I'm also not able to use the 'estat concordance'
command suggested by another user because it doesn't
seem to run on Stata 8.0 which is the version I have
at my workplace (which I cannot upgrade to 9.0 due to
some policy reasons in the workroom).

Thanks,
Ashwin