st: RE: undo

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: undo
Date   Tue, 10 Oct 2006 12:42:58 +0100

This is a question to the designers and in a sense
can only be answered by the thinking
behind the design.

In editors I know, there are two main alternatives,
undo the last change and "get me out of this mess",
otherwise known as exit without saving.

For what you want to be possible, -doedit- must understand
a "set" of changes, or "one go", in the way you do.
What is your definition that can be rendered programmable?

Yet another alternative: you are showing, in effect,
a wish for a more flexible editor. Recommendations
a-plenty can be found in
http://fmwww.bc.edu/repec/bocode/t/textEditors.html

In my own favourite editor, for example, I can
go backwards and forwards in a set of changes
at whim.

Nishant Dass