Re: st: NBREG for ordinal scales

Subject   Re: st: NBREG for ordinal scales
Date   Mon, 09 Oct 2006 22:45:26 -0500

Is the outcome a 5-item ordinal scale, or is it a composite scale from ordinal items, i.e. several ordinal variables added together? If the former, why not just use an ordinal method? Also, it might help if you said how the dependent variable was worded. Just from what you have said, it would make me nervous to use count methods - it could be that a lot of people have done it wrong!