Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: graph query

From   "Neil Shephard" <>
Subject   Re: st: graph query
Date   Tue, 10 Oct 2006 10:38:19 +0800

On 10/10/06, Lukar Thornton <> wrote:
I have some data that I would like to fit onto a single graph (see below)

I want a vertical bar graph with the ffintake_ord categories along the
x-axis with 3 vertical lines for each category to represent the percentages
for each strata.

Is this possible and if so how do I do it?
-help graph bar- would be a starting point.

You may also find the graph library at UCLA useful in getting pointers

And there is a useful article on graphing such data in the Stata Journal

Cox, NJ (2004) Speaking Stata: Graphing categorical and compositional
data. The Stata Journal 2:190-123 (Abstract :

"It is undesirable to believe a proposition when there is no ground
whatsoever for supposing it is true."  - Bertrand Russell

Email - /
Website -