Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: RE: no convergence after tsset

From   "Maarten Buis" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: no convergence after tsset
Date   Mon, 9 Oct 2006 14:26:37 +0200

You seem to be using the same variables in the selection
equation as in the wage equation. In that case
identification is solely based on the non-linear effect
of the variables on the probability of being selected.
However if most respondents have a probability of being
selected somewhere between 20 and 80%, than this effect
is approximately linear, so identification breaks down
and weird things like this can happen. Something similar
came up earlier today, see:

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081