st: RE: Outputting formatted data to file

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Outputting formatted data to file
Date   Mon, 9 Oct 2006 10:49:53 +0100

I can't see what the problem is here. -macval()-
is mentioned, but admittedly not explained, in
the help for -macro-, from which the trail
leads directly to [P] macro. But I don't sense that
it is relevant to your project as glimpsed here.
-macval()- inhibits expansion of macros; it is
useful when you want to echo typed commands
exactly, but hardly otherwise.

I have never had to try binary output to get
formatting. On the face of it formatting leads
to syntax like that here. Why do you call it extremely
unaesthetic?

Steffen Hokland