st: RE: Inverse mills ratio and ordered logit

From   "Maarten Buis" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Inverse mills ratio and ordered logit
Date   Thu, 5 Oct 2006 16:08:12 +0200

Roberto:
Unfortunately the inverse mills ratio is derived from the
normal distribution, while logit and ordered logit use
the logistic distribution, so this won't work. (Stata will
do what you say, and it won't complain, but it doesn't
make sense.) This approach seems more plausible to me with
-probit- and -oprobit-, since these use the normal
distribution.
HTH,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis