Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Absolute point size in Stata schemes

From   "Dupont, William" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Absolute point size in Stata schemes
Date   Thu, 5 Oct 2006 08:40:48 -0500

I am writing a manuscript with a large number of figures.  These figures
vary greatly in size and complexity.  I would like to define my Stata
scheme in such a way that the point size of text remains fairly constant
regardless of the size of the graph.  The scheme command

gsize axis_title  medium

creates an axis title that maintains a constant relative size:  If I
double the size of the graph, I double the size of my axis title.  Is
there any way that I can set the point size to, say, 9 point regardless
of the absolute size of the graph?

Bill Dupont