From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: The : symbol
Date   Wed, 4 Oct 2006 13:24:22 +0100

The help for -smcl- gives a solution:

{stata args[:text]}                                                    (syntaxes 3 & 4)
        {stata} displays text as a link that will execute the Stata command args in the
        Results window.  Stata will first ask before executing the command that is
        displayed in a web browser.  If args (the Stata command) contains a colon, remember
        to enclose the command in quotes.

Roger Harbord
> Perhaps {stata webuse nlswork2, clear} will work better?
James Cui