From   "Rodrigo A. Alfaro" <>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st: Stata website
Date   Tue, 3 Oct 2006 22:41:14 -0400

Thanks... it did not work... but it is a good reference.
I will try later. Rodrigo

----- Original Message -----
From: "Neil Shephard" <>
To: <>
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2006 10:29 PM
Subject: Re: st: Stata website

On 10/4/06, Rodrigo A. Alfaro <> wrote:
> I cannot load in my browser...
> anyone could check this? Any ideas?
Someone just mentioned that was unreachable, and
since you can't access the above site and trying to ping either of the
sites results in "Destination Host Unreachable" it would be my guess
that there is a problem with the ISP/server/software that hosts the
sites. It may be something quite benign such as a system upgrade.

I'm sure they'll be back up in due course.

In the meantime if you are particularly desperate to browse the
content then you could try the  webarchive (
by pasting the following link into your browser...

for the most recent archived version of the site (works with most
sites, just prefix the normal URL with

"It is undesirable to believe a proposition when there is no ground
whatsoever for supposing it is true."  - Bertrand Russell

Email - /
Website -