Re: st: linear probability model vs. probit/logit

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: linear probability model vs. probit/logit
Date   Tue, 3 Oct 2006 21:33:50 +0100 (BST)

Either Stata is dropping the observation or you are. The
only reason Stata would do that that I can think of,
other than missing values, is some kind of problem like the
one in the link, though admitadly the issue in the link
does not lead to dropping observations.

Can you reproduce these results with the auto.dta dataset?
type -sysuse auto- to get it. It seems like that with the
information you have given us we can't get any further than
"it shouldn't happen unless there is something realy funky
with your data or the way you treated it."
HTH,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam