st: RE: help files and version 8.2

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: help files and version 8.2
Date   Tue, 3 Oct 2006 14:11:54 +0100

This looks like Stata 9 SMCL. On occasion
in the past StataCorp have added SMCL elements
in version x that were not documented in the
manual for version x, but in this instance I believe
Stata 9 is needed to render this as desired.

Thus your user(s) with version 8.2 can solve this
only by upgrading to Stata 9. You can solve
this only by back-translating to older SMCL.

I don't believe version control applies to SMCL
but in any case version control never allows
an earlier Stata to act as a time machine and
become aware of the features of a later Stata.
This precognition to limited to senior developers
at StataCorp.

Adrian Mander