Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: ssm wrapper and population weights

From   "Anders Alexandersson" <>
Subject   Re: st: ssm wrapper and population weights
Date   Sat, 30 Sep 2006 10:31:44 -0400

I assume that your Stata is up-to-date. So, it seems that the -keep id
...- line below in the ssm program has a semicolon at the end that
should not be there. If you want to try some programming, there is a
task to work on! I may have some time to work at the programming
problem during next week but not this weekend. Maybe someone else at
the list has more time and inclination this weekend. If you as a user
want the authors to solve this for you, I suggest you email the
authors of the program privately in case they did not read this thread
and therefore are unaware of the problem.

A Das <> wrote:

Here's a reproduction of the problem using the
nhanes2a dataset for survey data
(, which
has sampling weights:

. ssm diabetes age sex weighthi  [pweight=finalwgt],
s(weighthi = age sex rural) adap
> t q(16) family(binom) link(logit)
; invalid name

Setting trace on:

- keep id `junk' `touse' `wgt' wt2 _pwt2;
= keep id diabetes age sex weighthi weighthi    age
sex rural __000000 __000002 wt2
>  _pwt2;
; invalid name

end ssm.Estimate ---