st: Sample size assignment

From   "Fan, Shihe" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Sample size assignment
Date   Fri, 29 Sep 2006 15:05:33 -0600

Hi, everyone,

Could any one help me out on the following problem of producing a list
of random numbers for random assignment to groups?

I want to produce a list of random numbers (total sample size =1000) for
random assignment to subgroups as listed below. How should I code this
in STATA (run Graziano and Raulin's random number generator program
repeatedly will achieve this. But it will be tedious because my real
problem is much bigger than this dummy problem)

Group  sub-group	sample
1	1		x
1	2		x
1	3		x