Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Question regarding Gamma distribution and its implementation

Subject   st: Question regarding Gamma distribution and its implementation
Date   Fri, 29 Sep 2006 15:35:04 -0300 (BRT)

Dear all,

I´m geneticist. Hence, sorry for the dummy questions.

I have to generate a new variable using a set of parameters.

The new variable is generated as follows:

((z^y)/(gamma(y,z)))* integral of x^y-1 * exp^-zx dx from c to infinity,

z, y, c  are values previously calculated

gamma is the Gamma distribution with parameters y and z.

How do I implement such formula using Stata?

I have already checked "functions" commands, but still feel unsure
regarding the correct implementation.

I´ll be glad for any help. Thanks in advance.

Tiago V. Pereira
Heart Institute - InCor
Laboratory of Cardiovascular Genetics
Federal University of São Paulo